Monday, October 16, 2006

Special delivery

A week past Friday I ordered a reel of network cable so that I could have telephone and computer points in the bar, new breakfast room and other locations. I wanted to get it before the plywood sheeting was fixed to the floor in the breakfast room and was told that delivery would take 2 - 3 working days.

It hadn't arrived by Thursday so I checked the DHL parcel tracking service.
The parcel had started its journey in Manchester
Then it had travelled to Carlisle
Then it had travelled to Dumfries
Then it had taken fright and scuttled back to Manchester and finally had made its way to the south of England with its tail between its legs.

I emailed DHL asking what had happened and I got a reply

"We apologise for the delay of you parcel but we believe that the senders have put the
wrong postcode on the parcel and because our systems run off postcodes they can not recognise
it."

The parcel arrived today. It had the correct postcode on it.
Meanwhile the joiners have been busy laying plywood sheeting in the new breakfast room and fixing it to the floor with lots of screws.

*"&@!?

Bad words!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home