Thursday, September 07, 2006

In celebratory mood

Happy birthday to me! Yes another year older and not an hour richer. Her ladyship has cooked me a very tasty steak and Tracy our barmaid gave me a very nice bottle of red wine which I spent several minutes attempting to break my corkscrew on (it was a screw cap - it's been a long day).

And we're full. Largely due to the tup fair at Kelso which has resulted in the bar being full of people talking about sheep. Whatever the reason it's nice to be busy.

Unlike the workmen. Aarlene, the reason I avoid mentioning the workmen is that to do so results in uncontrollable wailing, possibly gnashing of teeth and certainly rending of garments. There was supposed to be a crew change this week - the workmen we had were supposed to leave and another lot were supposed to turn up. Well, you've guessed it, the old crew left yesterday, but the new one has failed to show up. So it's been strangely quiet today. D**** our project manager phoned the foreman of the joiner's firm to be told that he didn't know anything about it. "Bloody unbelievable" was, I think D****'s comment and I can't really improve on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home