Wednesday, December 20, 2006

As I was sitting on the stair

I found the carpet wasn't there
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
because the carpet fitters had removed it and taken it to the skip. They've now started fitting the new carpet from 1st to 2nd floor level.

Meanwhile I went to Kelso where a farmers' market was in full swing. Having tried and failed to find Brenda Leddy's farm (Stichill Daries) it was nice to meet the lady herself at one of the stalls. I bought some of her jersey cream and some other goodies. I also met Erica Garratt who lives near Hawick and makes handmade chocolates and puddings.

Renovations
Joiners and plumber(!) here today along with painters who are painting the area beside the front door. Tomorrow will be pretty well the last day's work before new year. Meanwhile estimates for the work on the outside of the hotel have arrived and are less than we thought they'd be. It's worth noting that we now regard any estimate with fewer than four zeros on the end as reasonable.

I'm skiving tomorrow. Off to Edinburgh for my niece's 19th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home